Last modified: October 3, 2020
Thank you for choosing Corus!
Information we collect
When you use the App we collect information relating to you and your use of the App and your mobile device from a variety of sources. These are listed below. The sections afterwards describe what we do with this information.
Information we collect directly from you
- Corus registration information. The Corus app requires you to set up an account to use it. We collect registration details needed to set up that account, such as your email address.
- Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you participate in a Corus promotion, you may choose to provide us with your contact information so that we can contact you about that promotion.
Information we collect about you indirectly or passively when you interact with us
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our App. This may include what features you use, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like many other services available today, our servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our Services, such as your IP address and device type.
- Location information. When you use Corus Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Corus with information on nearby devices. We may use location information from your mobile device to deliver you location-triggered surveys created by a Corus research customer, and to establish your proximity to and within the premises of that research customer.
- Referral data. If you download the Corus App, or the App opens as a result of a link or trigger from an external source (such as a link from a social media referral or a trigger from another app or service you use), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from third parties. We may combine information collected through the App with information about you that we receive from third parties for business, analytics, and service improvement purposes. If an App permits you to register by using a third party account (such as a Google or Facebook account), then the authentication of your logon details will be facilitated by that third party. We may also collect information about or from your third party account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your App account to be linked to that third party account.
How we use information we collect
Generally, we use the information we collect from you in connection with providing the App and other Services to you, enhancing our products and offerings, and creating data analytics for our internal use and for third parties. (However, when it comes to your personal information, we don’t sell, give, disclose, or share it with third parties, other than in the limited ways we describe in the following section, “Information we share”.)
Ways we use your information
- To provide you with our Services and the App.
- To provide you with user support. This requires us to access your information to assist you, such as with technical troubleshooting.
- To monitor and maintain our Services. We analyze information we collect to troubleshoot, test, and improve our Services. For example, we may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our Services secure and operational.
- To improve our Services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our Services, to understand how people use mobile devices, to understand how people use mobile apps, for marketing, for research and development purposes, and to help us evaluate or devise new features.
- To enforce our Terms of Service.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for and prevent undesirable or abusive activity. For example, we may use automated systems that screen usage patterns for fraudulent activity.
- To create new Services, features, or content. We may use information you provide us about yourself, including Device Data, to analyze your app usage and other mobile device activities on an aggregate basis to publish interesting observations about these for informational, commercial, marketing, or advertising purposes. When we do this, we will not provide any personal information to third parties unless we have your permission.
- To contact you about your Service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, changes to our Services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our Services to you.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Services you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
Information we share
Information we may disclose
- Aggregated or de-identified information to third parties. For the purposes of improving our Services, promoting our Services, or for market analytics, we may aggregate and analyze data to determine various consumer behavior metrics and trends. No individuals can reasonably be identified or linked to any part of the analysis, or to the aggregated or de-identified information, that we share with third parties for these purposes.
- Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our, your or third parties’ rights, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
- Your information if there’s a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (such as a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between Corus entities, you expressly consent to Corus transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our Services. If required, Corus will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
- Information you expressly consent to be shared. For example, we may expressly request your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes.
Accessing and updating your personal information
What you can do
- Update your App account details. We allow you to update your registration and other account information associated with that App (such as your email address) through the account management section of that App. Information updated in this way is normally updated immediately.
- Access and correct your personal information. You may access and correct the personal information that Corus holds about you. This right may be exercised by visiting the account management section of the App.
- Cancel your App account. To cancel and delete your account associated with an App, please contact user support by emailing email@example.com. Unless it is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law), we will respond to any such to delete personal data within five (5) business days. Though you can cancel and delete your account, we may continue to use aggregated or de-identified data that cannot reasonably be linked to you.
In relation to data associated with the App, we retain that data for as long as your account for the App is open, though we reserve the right to delete all or some of the data at our discretion. Please note that uninstalling or deleting an App from your mobile device will not result in the cancellation of your App account (if you re-install the App, you will be able to re-use your App account). See above for information on how to cancel your App account.
We are committed to handling your personal information and data with integrity and care. We conduct periodic security reviews of our App and the infrastructure on which it runs, and have processes to handle your data in a secure manner. However, regardless of the security protections and precautions we undertake, there is always a risk that your personal information may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the internet.
Other important information
Cookies on our website
- To provide you with personalized content. We may store user preferences, such as your default language, in cookies to personalize the content you see.
Safety of Children and COPPA
Our Services are not intended for and may not permissibly be used by individuals under the age of 13. Corus does not knowingly collect personal data from persons under 13 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from such a person, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact customer support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our websites or use our Services (unless otherwise stated in a service-specific privacy statement).
California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. As noted above, Corus does not share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Social Media Features
Third Party Services
Changes to this Policy
How to contact us
If you have any questions about privacy, or need assistance with accessing or updating any of your information, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.