Last modified: January 3, 2016
Thank you for choosing Corus!
Users of our Services
Information we collect
When you use Corus we collect information relating to you and your use of our Service from a variety of sources. These are listed below. The sections afterward describe what we do with this information.
Information you give us
- If you believe a survey violates our Survey Policies, please notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com.
- Registration information. You need a Corus account before you can create surveys on Corus. When you register for an account, we collect your username, password and email address. If you choose to register by using a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), please see “Information from third parties” below.
- Billing information. If you make a payment to Corus, we require you to provide your billing details, such as a name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder.
- Account settings. You can set various preferences and personal associated with your account settings page.
- Survey data. We store your survey data (questions and responses) for you.
- Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, or participate in a Corus contest.
- We don’t share or abuse your respondents’ email addresses.
Information we get from your use of our Service
We collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them.
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Services. This may include, without limitation, which web pages you visit, what you click on, and when you performed those actions. Additionally, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our Services, such as your device operating system, viewport, and browser type.
- Location information. When you use Corus Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and/or sensors that provide Corus with information on nearby devices.
- Referral data. If you arrive at a Corus website or survey from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from page tags. We use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
- Information from third parties. We may collect your personal information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us. For example, you have the option of registering and signing into Corus with your Facebook account details. If you choose this method of authentication, your credentials are handled by Facebook and we only collect information about your Facebook account that you expressly agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your Corus account to be linked to your Facebook account.
How we use information we collect
- Support. When you contact Corus we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Service, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
- Use of your information by Corus. We use the information we collect from you (including usage data, device data, referral data and information from page tags) to manage and improve our Service, for research purposes, and to enable researchers to use our Services. Unless specifically stated, Corus does not use any contact details collected in our customers’ surveys to contact respondents.
- Provision of Services. Collecting data from and about you and your respondents is integral to the provision of our Services. This includes monitoring, maintaining, and improving our Services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including but not limited to usage data, device data, referral data, question and response data and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our Services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our Services, including to help us evaluate or devise new features. We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our Services secure and operational, such as for troubleshooting and testing purposes, and for Service improvement, marketing, research and development purposes. Our provision of customer support may also require us to access your information in order to assist you (such as with survey design or technical troubleshooting).
- Access to third party services. If you choose to link your Corus account to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we may use the information you allow us to collect from those third parties to provide you with additional features, services, and personalized content.
- Service improvements. We use the information we collect to create new Services, features or content. We may use your survey data and survey metadata (that is, data about the characteristics of a survey) for our internal purposes to create and provide new Services, features or content. In relation to survey metadata, we may look at statistics like response rates, question and answer word counts, and the average number of questions in a survey and publish interesting observations about these for informational or marketing purposes. When we do this, neither individual researchers nor respondents will be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
- Communications. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our Services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our Services to you. We will only send you communications that have a marketing purpose if you’ve consented to our contacting you for this purpose. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in them.
- Legal compliance. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
Information we share
- Responses to surveys. We host surveys on behalf of researchers. Because they are the primary curator of survey data, anything you disclose in your survey responses will, naturally, be provided to them. Please contact the survey creator directly to understand how they might share your survey responses.
- Conditions for data sharing
- Information we may disclose
- Your email address to your organization. If the email address under which you’ve registered your account belongs to or is controlled by an organization, we may disclose that email address to that organization in order to help it understand who associated with that organization uses Corus, and to assist the organization with its enterprise accounts. (Please do not use a work email address for our Service unless you are authorized to do so, and are therefore comfortable with this disclosure.)
- Aggregated or de-identified information to third parties to improve or promote our Service. No individuals can reasonably be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote our Service.
- Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
- Your information if there’s a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between Corus entities, you expressly consent to Corus transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our Services.
- Information you expressly consent to be shared. For example, we may expressly request your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes, including to allow those third parties to contact you for marketing purposes. (You may later revoke your permission, but if you wish to stop receiving communications from a third party to which we provided your information with your permission, you will need to contact that third party directly.)
Accessing and updating your personal information
- Responses to surveys. Because we collect survey responses on behalf of researchers you will need to contact the researcher if you have any questions about the survey, or if you want to access, update, or delete anything in your responses. Corus is not able to provide the contact information of a researcher if you do not have this information. Corus also cannot provide you with access to your survey response data since survey responses are the researcher’s private information, and giving you access may have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals.
- Information you can access
- Your account details and personal information. You can update your registration information and access and correct your personal information within the account settings area of the Corus website. You may also cancel and delete your account. Deleting your account will cause all the Survey Data in the account to be permanently deleted from our systems within a reasonable time period, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to any other Services that require a Corus account. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
- Your survey data. Depending on what subscription plan you have, we provide you with the ability to export, share and publish your survey data in a variety of formats. This allows you to create your own backups or conduct offline data analysis. Surveys and their associated response data that you delete will remain on our servers for a limited time in case you delete something by accident and need to restore it. If you cancel your account this data will become permanently inaccessible, except in cases where other Corus users have shared permissions to the deleted survey and choose to restore it themselves. Additionally, bear in mind that any Survey Data that was previously made available to the public through a public link may remain available as copies on the Internet even after your account has been deleted.
- Data retention
- We generally retain your data for as long as you have an account with us, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. We aim to maintain our Services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you cancel your account with us, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
We work hard to protect Corus and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our Services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We do not store any financial information you provide us for billing purposes, and instead use a third party service that specializes in transaction security.
- We restrict access to personal information to Corus employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Other important information
Cookies on our website
- To make our site easier to use. If you use the “Remember me” feature when you sign into your account, we may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign in whenever you return to Corus.
Safety of Children and COPPA
Our Services are not intended for and may not permissibly be used by individuals under the age of 13. Corus does not knowingly collect personal data from persons under 13 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from such a person, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact customer support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our websites or use our Services (unless otherwise stated in a service-specific privacy statement).
Social Media Features
Third Party Services
Data storage; International users
Our Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Services you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes to this Policy
How to contact us
If you have any questions about privacy, or need assistance with accessing or updating any of your information, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.